Shkreli begs for minimum security. Pharma lobbies Congress to sweeten the donut hole. And the Catholic health community gets a call for help.
Welcome to the week in review in drug pricing!
1. How will Shkreli fare in prison? Jury’s out
- Inmates weigh in. — (VICE)
2. Congress is considering caving to pharma
- Will it lower drug corporations’ costs in the donut hole or hold strong for patients? (Politico)
3. Drugmakers ‘derelict’ if they don’t tackle this issue: Waxman
- Agreed. — (STAT)
4. Give patients a seat at the table
- They must be heard in the spaces occupied previously by industry stakeholders. And, the Catholic health care community can help! — (Journal of the Catholic Health Association of the United States)
5. Heads are snappin’ at health care consolidations
- But will these mergers help patients? Hmmm…— (L.A. Times)
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone. See you next week!